PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Pages

Sep 17, 2011

Can't sleep- Party Music edition

Sydney woke me up at 4am today and I've been up since. I have this horrible disease that prevents me from falling asleep after waking up. It's called restless mind syndrome. You may have heard of restless leg syndrome, this is much worse. I lay awake, toss and turn, trying to fall asleep but, I just think of everything that is coming up for the day. Like today. We are having a large family get together (future post) - so I just think of my checklist of things to do. So at 5:15am I finally gave in and got up. Brewed a pot of coffee and turned on the computer. I decided I needed to update my ipod and download some new tunes. Music is a essential part of a party, without which awkward silence is well just, awkward. Plus my kids LOVE music, especially dance beats, they boogie! T told me the other day he liked some Katy Perry songs - is that weird? - and I've been rocking to that Hello song and the new Britters (guilty pleasure). Listen, I'm going to let you in on a little secret. If you hire and dj, for say a wedding, or a large event, and no one is on the dance floor, CHANGE THE SONG!  I love to dance, I love classic songs, I love to boogie and shake my tooty so it is always a complete let down when the dj keeps playing the same dribble over and over and over. Annoying! So here are some new songs I downloaded in my early morning itunes fest...
1. Good Life, One Republic
2. Hello, Martin Solveig & Dragonette
3. Party Rock Anthem, LMFAO
4. Firework, Katy Perry
5. Forget You, Cee Lo Green
6. I wanna Go, Britney Spears
7. Rolling in the Deep, ADELE
Not bad for 5am huh?
Other songs on the party play list - Michael Jackson - duh - he also happens to be Jack's favorite to dance to! Black Eyed Peas, Talking heads (my bro in law would be proud) Usher, Sly, Al Green, Steely Dan, Stevie Wonder - see a good mix of it all! It should be a great party! I'll give you all the deats soon.

And a early morn shout out to my CSU family - GO RAMS! Beat those lame ass Buffs!!


And if you could give me some early morn love and vote you'd be my BFF! 

Today I'm #52 - SO CLOSE - come on keep doing what you do - click it!
Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

--best

2 comments:

  1. Just letting you know that I stopped by your blog today from the 'In The Nestwork' site.

    Have a nice weekend mate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a nice weekend that's good...Also, I thought you mom's may be interested in the newest kids craze in my town, Patch Hats! Check out a hat you have never seen before here at www.patchhats.com

    ReplyDelete

my peeps said

 
Blog Design by Mommy Monologues