PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Pages

Sep 9, 2011

Clothing wars

Having a baby is amazing! When you first learn you are having a girl it is even better! You start to shop, oh the outfits are so cute! She is born and everyday is like dress up! It is so fun! You don't even care that you are doing laundry all day because each outfit is so fun to see on them!




Then she turns 1, even better, the clothes now look normal on her because she can stand. 



2 comes and she lets you put her in cute skirts, leggings, sweaters, your daughter looks adorable and people tell you so. 







Then she turns 3. She starts to have an opinion. No mommy I don't want to wear this. She decides she doesn't like jeans or anything with buttons. Strange but ok. 










Sweatpants are always her first choice, lovely. You can plea your case and talk her into almost anything. Except jeans. 









4. LOOK OUT! Getting dressed now involves tactical warfare.  A plan must be formed - the enemy must not know your true intentions - tiger like stealth is your only survival. 2 cups of coffee are required prior to attempting the dressing of miss "thang". 






Here are the steps:

1. Bait and Switch
You must offer choices, knowing full well that she WILL not select your first choice so make sure this is NOT what you intended her to wear.

2. Colors - "that doesn't match" this is my latest method to get her into something semi matching. 4 year olds don't quite understand stripes, polka dots, navy and lime green don't look that great together. 

3. Channel your inner Maverick
Once the outfit has been selected the dressing is like a fight scene from TopGun. "he went this, we went like that, I said to Hollywood where'd he go, Hollywood said, where'd who go?"

She jumps on the bed, I walk over-
she lays down, hides her legs-
I pull her legs out, she rolls over-
What the? Why do they act like we are going to chop their legs off? So annoying. Once you finally manage to get the clothes on you must brush her hair. Oh my dear lord - THIS IS TORTURE. For both mother and daughter.

Not a happy camper.

Picking out clothes this summer herself! 


She looks so sweet and innocent!

















What Sydney would probably wear if I let her pick her clothes each day:


In all seriousness I love her - she makes me nuts - but I love her!

Enjoy your weekend!

Oh one more thing - please vote - I'm slipping! Please help me get into top 50 Mommy Blogs.
Click it, come on, you know you want to..

Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

--best

2 comments:

  1. What a cutie, I love seeing her over the years!!! I need to have a girl next, I love the clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hysterical! And when they are teens......well, you'll just have to experience that yourself.

    ReplyDelete

my peeps said

 
Blog Design by Mommy Monologues